Tips for Feeling More Energized in the Morning
Most people would agree that their entire day is so much better when they wake up feeling well-rested and refreshed. Yet with the long work hours and constant stimuli that so many people are subjected to these days, it can be hard to fall asleep at night, and then it can be difficult to get up again in the morning. Anyone who struggles with morning grogginess should first try to remedy whatever their sleep issue is – avoiding electronics screens before bedtime and finding a more comfortable sleeping position are a couple ways of doing this. Once they’re sleeping sounder, people looking to boost their energy levels in the morning even more should consider the following tips:
- Use a sleep-tracking alarm clock – Apps like Sleep Cycle track a user’s movements during the night and wake them up at the optimal point during their sleep cycle so they arise well-rested.
- Get up at the same time every morning – This will help stabilize a person’s circadian rhythm, otherwise known as their internal clock.
- Resist the urge to hit the snooze button – Going back to sleep for 15 more minutes after an alarm goes off can actually increase fatigue because it throws off the internal clock.
- Place the alarm across the room – This forces sleepers to get up in the morning to turn their alarm off.
- Get some sunlight – Sunlight aids the natural wake-up process. Those with windows in their bedrooms can keep the curtains open so they wake up to a bath of sunlight in the morning, or they can open the blinds ASAP after waking. Those who don’t have windows can turn on a lamp first thing in the morning, preferably one with a fluorescent bulb labeled “cool white” or “daylight.”
These simple tips can make waking up and feeling energized throughout the day much easier for someone struggling with low energy levels. Just remember that if nothing seems to fix the problem, it would be beneficial to visit the doctor.
For information on the abundant natural light the residents of our apartments in Mount Dora, FL enjoy, contact Veranda Apartment Homes today.